Yoga is physical, for sure. Regularly practicing yoga develops your stamina, your strength, and your rockstar abs. Postures challenge the body. However, yoga is also a mental practice where you work through emotional stress and psychological challenges.
What is Spiritual
A spiritual practice is a discipline of regular actions or activities performed to cultivate spiritual development or create spiritual experiences. Also called a spiritual discipline or spiritual path, it is undertaken to reach a goal such as salvation, union with the Divine, or freedom from worldly troubles.
Although a physical and mental discipline, yoga is also a spiritual practice. In fact, yoga is a Sanskrit word meaning “union,” referring to union with the Self or the Divine.
Top 10 Spiritual Aspects Of Yoga
- It provides clarity in the midst of your overflowing and demanding days. Practice wipes the fog from the lens of your mind and makes you blessedly sharper.
- It cultivates the attention required to complete your tasks. Precision and awareness become elevated in whatever it is you apply yourself to.
- It lifts your mood. Joy and uplift come much more readily.
- It creates a sense of steadiness and grounding in change. No matter what unforeseen stuff is thrown at you, your sense of calm center is not so easily thrown off.
- It helps you see your life on a macro level. You come to rely on practice as a tool for stepping back and getting perspective on the broader picture.
- It helps you understand your life on a micro level. Practice opens the door to a much quieter and deeper relationship with the internal you.
- It draws you into the simplicity of the moment. Nothing like regular practice to bring you into the now, and to keep you from getting lost in the past or mired in fears of the future.
- It touches you so intimately that without it you would feel lost or downright not right. You come to smile inwardly most all of the time with the assurance of practice being there for you at all times.
- It connects you to and reveals true spirit. Practice is where you download profound intuitive messages by opening to your own divine spark.
- Yoga gives free to stress and peace our mind.